Sunday 29 July 2012

First post.

Hey all, this is a new blog on film around the world.
I will be reviewing new films, golden oldies being released/re-released on DVD and commenting on some independent films when i see them.
I will also hopefully get some interviews going with upcoming directors/actors that i meet through the independent circuit.


To give you some information on myself.
I am 20 years of age and live in London, UK.
I work full-time and work shift work, which means i will most likely be posting about new releases at the cinemas on my early shifts, as i can hop into the cinema straight after work.
On the other week of shifts i will be trying to preview upcoming releases, post interviews or review DVD releases or just commenting on certain aspects of the film world.

Ive watched films for years now and been a keen follower of critics such as Dan Schneider (Still IMO, one of the most underrated critics.)
I have a wide range of films i enjoy, my biggest passion is SciFi after watching and become entranced by Star Wars at such an early age.

My biggest concern about films recently is that the films seem to be getting less... Intuitive?
Its like Hollywood has suddenly decided that the human race has degenerated into a subculture that cant watch a film for more than 5 minutes without a pointless sex scene or explosion. (Transformers 3, im looking at you here)

After my reviews, i look forward to your comments and opinions.
If you have a problem with something i mentioned in my review or if you've spotted a mistake, please feel free to let me know.
I value free speech above all else but please keep your comments on topic, constructive and please do not post anything racist, sexist or degenerative unless it is a proper point you are making.

My first review will be up soon, i hope you enjoy the writing style and please, if you are an independent film maker/actor please, feel free to get in contact as I'm always looking for some independent talent to interview for the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment